The Nassau Free Library is pleased to announce library patrons can now access the noted family history research site Ancestry.com for free at the Library. Through arrangements with the provider and the Upper Hudson Library System, a library version of the program can be accessed using either library computers or personal laptops with Wi-Fi capability within Library confines.
Library Board member and Nassau Village Historian Kurt Vincent will offer assistance for beginners new to Ancestry by appointment.
Please call the library at 766-2715 for more information.
What to Bring:
- Participants should bring some family information with them:
- name of person(s) to be researched
- if known birth date
- if known death date
- if known location relative lived
• Designed as a hands-on introduction to allow individuals to research their family history with the library version of Ancestry.com.
• Service only available in the Library. • Participants can use either Library
computers or bring their own wi-fi equipped laptop.